This review activity for Lord of the Flies by William Golding is a series of puzzles covering plot, character, figurative language, conflict, and theme. You can present this digitally, in a hybrid situation, or fully paper. It has been designed to take 45-60 minutes. This resource also includes a complete Teacher’s Guide (set-up, printing checklist, differentiation) and Answer Key. (grades 7-12)
What You Get:
1. Four core tasks (plot, character, close reading passage, and an important quote with a writing extension activity) with instructions and clues
2. A *secret* final task that flips the tables on your students and requires that they work as a whole class — this underscores the themes surrounding collaboration & competition in the novel
–this task works 100% digital or as a hybrid if you mix your groups.
3. (paper) Five station cards
4. (paper) “Oops! You Let the Fire Go Out!” cards (for optional increased difficulty)
5. Student Answer Sheets
6. A full Teacher’s Guide with set-up options, a printing checklist, and an Answer Key
7. (paper) A poster for your door. 😉
Download the preview(s) for more information!
About Your Resource:
Your download is a .zip file containing a .pdf of the Teacher’s Guide and a .ppt of the editable written extensions. For the paper version, you can edit all four tasks in the .ppt file for maximum flexibility and differentiation for your classroom. If you don’t need to edit, you can use the .pdf and “print and go!” Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. 🙂
If you have any questions, I’d love to hear from you! You can also follow me for the latest news on products and sales.
-Danielle @ Nouvelle ELA