This Introduction to The Odyssey is an Escape Room or Digital Breakout activity. You can present this as a digital activity (using an interactive site), a paper Escape Room, or a blended version of the two. It has been designed to take 60-90 minutes and covers Greek gods and goddesses, the characters in The Odyssey, and life and customs on Ithaca. This resource also includes a complete Teacher’s Guide (set-up, printing checklist, differentiation), Homer’s Greece Fact Sheet, Research Extensions, a quiz, and an Answer Key.
1. Ten core texts providing an overview of the characters “back home” in Homer’s Odyssey, gods & goddesses, customs on Ithaca (hospitality, etc.), and the Homeric tradition
2. Supplementary texts and puzzles to enrich student understanding of gods & goddesses, the muses, and the map of the region
3. Complete digital capability (site & form linked in resource)
4. Homer’s Greece Fact Sheet & readings for extended research
5. A quiz
6. Student Notes Sheets
7. A full Teacher’s Guide with set-up options, a printing checklist, and an Answer Key
8. A poster for your door. 😉
Now part of this 9th Grade Escape Room Bundle!
Note: This is the most challenging escape room I offer. The puzzles require more critical thinking and the game has one or two tricky spots! These are described in-depth in the Teacher’s Guide, so make sure you read that before unleashing your students on the game. 🙂
Your download is a .pdf file that is print-and-go. Due to the nature of this resource, it is not editable. You also get a link to a website (not editable) and a Google Form (editable) that you can use for the digital version. Instructions for use and copyright information are included in this resource. Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. 🙂
Want to get answers or share success stories? Join us on Facebook to discuss Escape Rooms in ELA! If you’re ready to make your own fabulous escape rooms, check out this Escape Room Template Kit. Happy creating!
If you have any questions, I’d love to hear from you!
-Danielle @ Nouvelle ELA