This Introduction to Shakespeare is an Escape Room or Digital Breakout activity. You can present this as a digital activity (using a web-based game), a paper Escape Room, or a blended version of the two. It has been designed to take 45-60 minutes and covers the Globe Theatre, Shakespeare’s Life, and Elizabethan London. This resource also includes a complete Teacher’s Guide (set-up, printing checklist, differentiation), Elizabethan Fact Sheet, Research Extensions, a quiz, and an Answer Key.
1. Nine core texts providing an overview of The Globe Theatre, Shakespeare’s life, and Elizabethan London
2. Supplementary texts and puzzles to enrich student understanding of the parts of the Globe and Elizabethan trades
3. Complete digital capability (site linked in resource)
4. Elizabethan Fact Sheet & Questions for extended research
5. A quiz
6. Student Notes Sheets
7. A full Teacher’s Guide with set-up options, a printing checklist, and an Answer Key
8. A poster for your door. 😉
This resource is part of my 9th Grade Escape Room Bundle!
Your download is a .pdf file that is print-and-go. You also get a link to the website and an optional Google Form. Due to the nature of this resource, it is not editable. Instructions for use and copyright information are included in this resource. Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. 🙂
6/18/2019 UPDATE: This game has a brand-new interactive web version. Be sure to check out the video preview to see how this works.
Want to get answers or share success stories? Join us on Facebook to discuss Escape Rooms in ELA! If you’re ready to make your own fabulous escape rooms, check out this Escape Room Template Kit. Happy creating!
If you have any questions, I’d love to hear from you!
-Danielle @ Nouvelle ELA