This hands-on flipbook activity is a great way to teach your students to analyze symbolism in any text. Each flap breaks down a step in the analysis, including citing textual evidence. You get a step-by-step editable demonstration PowerPoint and two versions of student notes and editable rubrics that you can use.
The tabs move from concrete to abstract, helping students progress through the analysis. You can have students label these whatever you want, according to the needs of your project and classroom.
What You Get:
1. A step-by-step PowerPoint showing how to construct the Flipbook (You can edit the requirements for each flap)
2. A full Teacher’s Guide for each flap of the flipbook, including prompts
3. Two editable rubrics (analytic and holistic, prints 2/pg)
4. A brainstorming sheet for students (prints 2/pg)
5. Digital version
6. A plain-text symbolism analysis worksheet for screen-readers
If you have any questions, I’d love to hear from you!
-Danielle @ Nouvelle ELA