Looking for a full novel study for The Pearl by John Steinbeck? The Pearl Unit Bundle guides and challenges students to analyze plot, characterization, conflict, and symbolism in the classic novella.
Throughout their reading of The Pearl, students will complete nonfiction background activities, projects and vocabulary activities, full lessons, a study guide, and a final test. The Pearl Unit Bundle may be used with or without Interactive Notebooks. Answer keys and rubrics included. (grades 7-10)
This unit is:
What You Get Inside The Pearl Unit Bundle:
1. Editable Unit Calendar
2. Nonfiction Background Activities – John Steinbeck biography and Cortez Pearls Webquest in the style of doodle notes
3. Reading Guide – Student-created guide to major elements in each chapter, based on a choice board
4. Journal Prompts – three bellringers per chapter, based on quotations from the text
5. Vocabulary Resources – lists, foldables, and quizzes for key vocabulary words in each chapter
6. Symbolism Flipbook – Hands-on activity for analyzing symbolism in any text
7. Symbolism Song Project – Creative task to demonstrate understanding of symbolism
8. Character Analysis Lesson & Essay – full lesson on the hows and whys of characterization, culminating in a text-based analysis
9. Study Guide – Review of key story elements and practice citing textual evidence
10. Unit Test – Final exam including comprehension questions, vocabulary, and analysis of literary elements and important quotations (with editable doc)
*Please note that some links above will direct you to TPT*
The Pearl Unit Bundle contains some editable components, described above, but is not fully editable. Thank you for understanding!
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “This is such a thorough and complete unit for [The Pearl by John Steinbeck]. It is easy to follow and I love that I have choices in how I want to present the information. The author page is unique and the students enjoyed researching in order to complete this page. Thanks for sharing!” – Lori P.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “This was so thorough and useful while teaching this novel for the first time.” – Samantha R.
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️ “My favorite pieces of the bundle are the background info and the create your own reading guide. The reading guide allows for creativity while still requiring vigor.” – Mary P.
If you enjoy The Pearl Unit Bundle, please log in and leave a review by selecting “Write a Review” under the “Order Details” section of the “Orders” tab. 🙂
You can also follow me for the latest news on products and sales.
If you have any questions, I’d love to hear from you!
There are no reviews yet.