This Poetry Escape Room has a Figurative Language Sort, Poetic Devices Puzzle, Close Reading activity, and a Secret Poem. Choose between three options for the Close Reading for differentiation. You can also have students analyze the Secret Poem after the game. The paper version is EDITABLE. This activity has been designed to take 45-60 minutes. This resource includes a complete Teacher’s Guide, extension activities, and an Answer Key. (grades 7-12)
What You Get:
1. Four core tasks with instructions and clues (includes three difficulty options for the Close Reading)
2. Writing extensions (either analytical or personal responses)
3. Student Answer Sheet
4. A full Teacher’s Guide with set-up instructions and an Answer Key
5. Station cards, instructions and a poster for your door
6. Instructions for using this game with physical locks
Download the preview for more information!
About Your Resource:
Your download is a .zip file containing a .pdf of the Teacher’s Guide and a .ppt of the editable written extensions. For the paper version, you can edit all four tasks in the .ppt file for maximum flexibility and differentiation for your classroom. If you don’t need to edit, you can use the .pdf and “print and go!” Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. 🙂
Since your students looove puzzles, take a look at my !
If you’re ready to make (and sell!) your own fabulous escape rooms, check out this . Happy creating!
If you have any questions, I’d love to hear from you! You can also follow me for the latest news on products and sales.
-Danielle @ Nouvelle ELA