This lesson introduces the idea of integrating sources in literary analysis, using the format of introduce, cite, and explain (ICE). It also distinguishes between direct quotes and paraphrases of an author’s work. Students begin to hone this skill using selected quotes from William Shakespeare’s Romeo & Juliet. This resources includes materials to use as a traditional worksheet or with interactive notebooks.
1. A scaffolded introduction with examples and practice for integrating citations
2. Independent practice with Ready Rubrics
3. Suggested answers
4. Two layout suggestions for your ISNs
5. A fully-editable version of the homework assignment and quiz option
6. Bellringers for Shakespeare’s Romeo & Juliet
You can also follow me for the latest news on products and sales.
If you have any questions, I’d love to hear from you!
-Danielle @ Nouvelle ELA