This review activity for Romeo and Juliet by William Shakespeare is a series of puzzles covering plot, character, figurative language, conflict, and quote identification. You can present this as a Breakout Box (groups work at their desks) or as an Escape Room (groups seek clues you’ve hidden in the classroom). It has been designed to take 30-40 minutes. This resource includes a complete Teacher’s Guide (set-up, printing checklist, differentiation) and Answer Key.
1. Four tasks (plot, character, quotes, and close reading) with instructions and clues
2. Four station cards
3. “You’ve Been Poisoned!” cards (for optional increased difficulty)
4. Student Answer Sheets
5. A full Teacher’s Guide with set-up options, a printing checklist, and an Answer Key
6. A poster for your door. 😉
7. NEW: Options for adding more difficulty, including a Secret Message!
This resource is now part of this 9th Grade Escape Room Bundle!
If you’re looking for a digital Romeo & Juliet escape room, you can find that here.
Your download is a .pdf file that is print-and-go. Due to the nature of this resource, it is not editable. Instructions for use and copyright information are included in this resource. Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. 🙂
Want to get answers or share success stories? Join us on Facebook to discuss Escape Rooms in ELA! If you’re ready to make your own fabulous escape rooms, check out this Escape Room Template Kit. Happy creating!
If you have any questions, I’d love to hear from you!
-Danielle @ Nouvelle ELA