This poetry unit is based in Interactive Notebooks for older students. Students practice writing and analyzing contemporary and classic poetry in a variety of forms. You get full lessons, foldables, quizzes, two projects, and a test. You also get templates for your Unit Calendar, Student Overview Handout, and rubrics. As a bonus, I’ve included my best-selling Poetry Bellringers.
This resource details the IN (Bellringer) – THROUGH (Teacher Input/Guided Classwork) – OUT (Exit/Independent Practice/Homework) method. This is a great way to ensure gradual release of responsibility.
What You Get:
1. Detailed templates and advice for three spread types
2. Editable Unit Calendar (for you) and Unit Overview (for students)
3. Poetic Devices Terms List & Quiz – foldables & quiz
4. Poetry Speed-dating lesson & book recommendations
5. Found Poetry lesson
6. Poetry Challenges mini-project and rubric (editable)
7. Limerick & Haiku tutorials
8. Three Close-Reading activities and Teacher’s Guide
9. Quiz version for Close Reading #3
10. Poetry Bell-Ringers
11. Poetry Anthology Project
12. Poetry Unit Test
13. Holistic and analytic rubrics for ISNs
14. Set-Up PPT for ISNs
New! This item is now part of my Interactive Notebooks for Secondary ELA Bundle! This is all of the resources that I use in my 9th grade English classroom to bring short stories, novels, poetry, and plays to life using ISNs.
Editable Rubric Bundle
Literary Devices Terms & Quiz
Characterization Detective: Worksheets & Booklet
My Shield: Symbolism Essay
Short Stories Unit for Interactive Notebooks
Short Stories Writing Activities Bundle
Research Packet: Inventions
Presentation Feedback (Peer/Self Evaluation)
You can also follow me for the latest news on products and sales.
If you have any questions, I’d love to hear from you!
-Danielle @ Nouvelle ELA