This Poetry Escape Room has a Sensory Language Sort, Poetic Elements Puzzle, Close Reading activity, and a secret poem. You can present this as a Breakout Box (groups work at their desks) or as an Escape Room (groups seek clues you’ve hidden in the classroom). It has been designed to take 45-50 minutes. This resource includes a complete Teacher’s Guide (set-up, printing checklist, differentiation), extension activities, and an Answer Key. (grades 4-6)
If you’re looking for a similar game for older students, try this Poetry Escape Room (7-12).
1. Four core tasks with instructions and clues (includes two difficulty options for the Close Reading)
2. Writing extensions (either analytical or personal responses)
3. Station Cards
4. “Poetic Justice” cards (for optional increased difficulty)
5. Student Answer Booklet
6. A full Teacher’s Guide with set-up options, a printing checklist, and an Answer Key
7. A poster for your door. 😉
Download the preview for more information!
Your download is a “print and go” .pdf file. If you would like to create your own game for maximum editability, you can check out my ELA Escape Room Template Kit. Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. 🙂
Since your students looove puzzles, take a look at my Team Trivia Bellringers!
Want to get answers or share success stories? Join us on Facebook to discuss Escape Rooms in ELA. We’re waiting for you. 😉 If you’re ready to make (and sell!) your own fabulous escape rooms, check out this Escape Room Template Kit. Happy creating!
You can also follow me for the latest news on products and sales.
If you have any questions, I’d love to hear from you!
-Danielle @ Nouvelle ELA