This listening comprehension packet contains close reading activities for the famous “Street Sweeper” speech, “What is Your Life’s Blueprint?” by Martin Luther King Jr.
You get journal prompts, a close reading activity, extension activities, and a rubric to facilitate grading. This digital resource is compatible with Google Drive and MS OneDrive.
Martin Luther King Jr. delivered this inspirational speech at Barratt Junior High School in Philadelphia on October 26, 1967, six months before King was assassinated.
In it, Martin Luther King Jr. calls students to think about what they want from their lives, and how they can be their very best selves.
What You Get:
1. Reflective journal prompts/discussion questions for before and after the speech
2. Comprehension questions (and answer key) for a short study of the speech – practice CC-aligned close reading
3. Instructions & Rubric for a mini-project –> students choose from four choices (Inspirational Poster, Mural, Timeline, Creative Journal Entry)
4. Editable rubrics — set your own weights!
5. Plain-text version for screen readers
6. Paper version
Is your classroom not yet 1:1? That’s okay! This makes a great technology center activity. This product also includes the original paper version in black and white for your convenience. If you would like to purchase only the paper version, you can do so here.
You can also follow me for information on new products, flash freebies, and other fun stuff!
While you’re here, check out these Collaborative Bellringers and Escape Rooms!
If you have any questions, I’d love to hear from you!
-Danielle @ Nouvelle ELA
There are no reviews yet.