This bundle contains resources for helping you set up a drama unit in Interactive Notebooks for older students. It includes lessons and vocabulary for reading drama, acting mini-lessons, templates, explanations, and samples of several types of spreads, and tips on where to place these in your unit. These lessons, activities, and assessments provide rigor and motivation for students, while still maintaining some cutting and gluing elements of ISNs to create a lifelong reference tool.
You also get templates for your Unit Calendar, Student Overview Handout, and ISN rubrics. As a bonus, I’ve included a program template for drama, music, and graduations.
This resource details the IN (Bellringer) – THROUGH (Teacher Input/Guided Classwork) – OUT (Exit/Independent Practice/Homework) method. This is a great way to ensure gradual release of responsibility. Spreads are carefully organized to follow the path of your lessons and students will understand how their learning develops over the course of the notebook.
1. Set-Up PPT for ISNs
2. Editable Unit Calendar (for you), Unit Overview (for your students), and Rubrics for ISNs
3. Detailed explanations and templates for five spread types
4. Lesson & foldable on Dramatic Plot Structure
5. Drama Terms Foldables and Quiz
6. Literary Quote Analysis Introduction, Editable HW, and quiz sheets
7. Four acting minilessons: Parts of the Stage, Blocking, Dramatic Space/Levels, and Using the Voice.
8. Character Foldable & Essay w/Rubric
9. Information and resources for directing a class play
10. Improv ideas for the ELA classroom
11. Drama Terms Bingo
12. Reader’s Theatre Activity
13. Program Template for Drama, Music, Graduations, and More
This product is also part of my Interactive Notebooks for Secondary ELA Yearlong Bundle!
Check out all of my Drama Resources here!
I have used these resources in 8th and 9th grade classrooms in three different schools. I have had customers tell me that they have used them with success in 7th and 10th also, with students of different abilities. For example, this could challenge an “advanced” group of 7th graders and support struggling readers in 10th. Please email me if you have any additional questions.
Editable Rubric Bundle
Literary Magazine Tutorial and Templates
Characterization Detective: Worksheets & Booklet
My Shield: Symbolism Essay
Short Stories Writing Activities Bundle
Research Packet: Inventions
You can also follow me for the latest news on products and sales.
If you have any questions, I’d love to hear from you!
-Danielle @ Nouvelle ELA
Pinterest: Nouvelle ELA Teaching Resources
Facebook: Nouvelle ELA
Blog: Danielle @ Nouvelle ELA
There are no reviews yet.